Commissioning world-renowned architect Kengo Kuma, the new school’s prestigious design required state of the art technology to create an enriched learning and teaching environment.
YIS required a technical consultant to provide practical technical solutions right from the beginning of the design phase. A single point of contact for all IT aspects of the project was also necessary.
It was the first time for systemsGo to be directly involved in a school campus construction, right from the beginning stages of planning and design.
This project was outside the team’s usual expertise but with the culmination of years of experience in office relocations, we had the confidence to successfully deliver the specific requirements.
A technology consultant was required to oversee all technical aspects of the project, including the implementation and installation of:
- IT, network and communications infrastructure
- Audio visual systems
- Building security access and CCTV systems
Seamless project management was crucial for each of these components. A primary contact point was necessary to communicate with all project stakeholders and oversee equipment procurement and delivery, cabling and go-live phases.
The consultant was also able to ensure all streams stayed on schedule and within budget.
With its bilingual team of technical experts and project managers, systemsGo was selected as the lead technical consultant for the entire project and provided end-to-end project management services.
- IT consultancy, including confirmation of IT requirements for the campus design
- Technology, infrastructure and design consulting
- Entire procurement, management and delivery of equipment
- Seamless implementation, cabling and installation of equipment
- Ensuring optimal WIFI connectivity and access points
- Careful vendor selection for best pricing and quality of service
- Frequent communication and collaboration with stakeholders, designers and architects during the construction phase for IT implementation
- Regular monitoring and reporting of all vendors, ensuring works were completed on time and within budget.
Students, teachers and families of YIS can look forward to a smooth transition to their new campus in January 2022.
With two buildings containing over 90 rooms, systemsGo successfully implemented and installed:
- State of the art audio visual system for the campus classrooms, gyms, science labs, auditoriums, music rooms, meeting and conference rooms.
- Optimal and broad network, including approximately 200 access points, six WiFi access points and 24 switches.
- Comprehensive CCTV system with 34 cameras and 73 television units throughout the campus.
- Innovative PBX system with PA integration, enabling campus-wide broadcasts from any of the 137 desk phones, also installed by the systemsGo team.
- High-security door access system with 29 control terminals, recognising and providing access to designated ID cards only.
- Robust UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) solution.
Since the project’s inception three years ago, systemsGo has continued to provide YIS technology consulting and IT equipment services. The team has worked closely with YIS staff, school stakeholders, contractors, and subcontractors as the lead IT project manager toward the successful completion of the project.
The campus opened in early 2022, with the YIS community enjoying their spacious and educational environment, taking advantage of the modern facilities and full connectivity throughout the campus.
About the client
Established in 1924, Yokohoma International School (YIS) has a rich history of providing prestigious, bi-lingual education to an international community. With approximately 800 students ranging from kindergarten to high school and 150 staff, YIS required a modern learning and teaching environment with the latest technology offerings.