“Kemet has benefited from a very good relationship with systemsGo. You guys have always been nothing short of amazing.”
–Chris Hall, Kemet CIO
KEMET faces challenges in producing high-quality electronic components in a consistently controlled environment and is expanding its Asia Pacific office locations throughout the region. The global manufacturer required the services and support of a reliable IT solutions provider who was capable of supporting KEMET’s internal IT teams, delivering requirements with:
• Cloud Services
• Office Relocations
• Digital Workplace Solutions
• Vendor Management
systemsGo’s excellence in project management services has exceeded KEMET’s delivery expectations in all Asia-Pacific facilities and offices. Project highlights have included:
• Office consolidation for Tokyo, Singapore and Seoul locations
• Microsoft Azure Migration with onsite project management for replacement of the legacy system with installation and successful implementation of 20 servers to the Azure Cloud
systemsGo has also engaged in comprehensive project management works for KEMET’s plants in China.
Provided local IT expertise for KEMET’s Suzhou Plant Modernisation project with services such as:
• Site assessment and report
• Wi-Fi survey and report
• Regular project status report with comprehensive documentation
The scope of work also included onsite installation, testing and commissioning of:
• Structured Cabling Systems (SCS) and racks
• Main Distribution Frame (MDF) and Intermediate Distribution Frame (IDF)
• Network infrastructure
• Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) and Power Distribution Unit (PDU)
• Wireless infrastructure
systemsGo conducted thorough site audits and inspections as soon as projects were due to be completed, ensuring that all works met KEMET’s global standards.
KEMET has also engaged systemsGo’s project management services for the IT infrastructure requirements for the Shanghai Anting Plant with works including:
• SCS and racks installation
• Wi-Fi survey and report
• IT equipment procurement and installation
• Site audit and inspections
• UPS installation
• MDF and IDF design and build
• Specialised IT consulting with comprehensive project management services
• Comprehensive vendor management
Despite being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and continuous lockdowns, systemsGo was flexible and adaptable to KEMET’s project timelines and schedules. The project management team played an integral part in the successful planning and execution of the plant modernisation projects.
systemsGo has played an integral role in providing local IT knowledge and resources as KEMET’s Asia Pacific facilities expanded. The level of excellence in service and standards displayed by systemsGo has strengthened the working partnership with the
KEMET will continue to engage systemsGo as their preferred IT solutions provider for future projects, including a building extension at KEMET’s Shanghai Anting plant.
With systemsGo’s support and local expert knowledge, KEMET consistently provides quality electronics components for their customers throughout Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world.
About the client
KEMET is a world-leading manufacturer of capacitors and electronic components. With over 100 years of technological innovation, KEMET holds over 1,600 patents and trademarks worldwide with advanced research and development and technical staff teams. KEMET ships over 50 billion components annually to 180,000 global customers in various industries and locations from outer space to the human body.